A Kenyan woman, charged with the murder of a Malawian man at a house in south Dublin has been further remanded in custody after being deemed medically unfit to attend court.
50-year-old Grace Miano is accused of murdering 27-year-old Limbani ‘Roberto’ Mzoma on November 1 at Tudor Lawns, Foxrock, but the case against her was adjourned for four weeks in her absence for the directions of the DPP to be made available.
It is understood that Mr Mzoma suffered a number of stab wounds to his neck, chest and back in an upstairs room in the rented Foxrock house. According to local media, the autopsy report revealed that some of the victim’s body parts including his private parts and eyelids were hacked off during the violent attack.
Today should have been Ms Miano’s second court appearance, but at Dun Laoghaire District Court this morning, defence solicitor Jonathan Dunphy said he had received an email from the governor of Mountjoy’s Dochas Centre, where the accused is in custody, which said Ms Miano had been deemed unfit to attend court.
Judge Ann Watkin said she was remanding the defendant in custody for the preparation of a book of evidence.
In her previous court appearance, Mr Dunphy said his client had been living in Ireland for a number of years and was in receipt of social welfare. He added that it was her wish that a psychiatric assessment be carried out.
It is believed that Mr Mzoma had been living in Ireland for a number of years and was planning to return home to his native Malawi at some stage next year.