Eligible Kenyans undertaking a Masters mid-2016 can apply for the Commonwealth scholarships offered by The Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU).
The Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan (CSFP) was established in 1959 and has provided opportunities for over 30,000 citizens of all Commonwealth countries to study in other member countries.
After the establishment of the CSFP endowment fund in 2009, a new strand of Commonwealth Scholarships for students from low and middle income countries became available.
Applications for Master’s scholarships for courses beginning in mid-2016 at Catholic University of Eastern Africa, Kenyatta University, Maseno University, Moi University, Mount Kenya University, South Eastern Kenya University, Strathmore University, The Technical University of Kenya, University of Eastern Africa Baraton and University of Nairobi are now open.
CSFP Eligibility criteria
- Applicants must be a citizen of any Commonwealth country other than the host country.
- Applicants must hold a first degree of upper second class standard (or above) in a discipline relevant to that in which study is proposed
The CSFP scholarships provide
- Return economy airfare from the scholar’s home country to the host country
- An arrival allowance of USD 500 to cover removal costs
- Full tuition fees
- A monthly/quarterly stipend intended to cover living costs, sustenance and local transport.
- Scholars will need to cover accommodation costs from their stipend.
How to apply for a CSFP scholarship
- Email the completed application form to the email address detailed on the relevant country page. With your application you should submit:
- High school certificates
- Undergraduate transcripts and graduation certificate
- Scan of photo page of passport
- Proof of English language ability if English is not your first language
- At least one academic reference
- University offer letter for the institution you have applied to, if you already have one
The closing date for applications is 29 February 2016.
For more information and to apply, please visit the scholarships page on the ACU website.