Angani announces they are “back to business as usual”

Following an outage on the 4 November, cloud computing provider Angani have announced that they now 95% up on all their operations.

“Yes it is true we had systems challenges but for the past 10 days the Angani team has been working tirelessly to get all systems back up and I am proud to say we are now at 95% up and will seek to close the remaining 5% within the next couple of days.” – CEO Riyaz Bachani

Riyaz Bachani, recently replaced Mr. Phares Kariuki as CEO of the fast growing startup, who left on 19th October alongside Mr. Brian Muita, the immediate former CTO.

Mombasa born and MIT educated, IT professional Bachani isn’t a newcomer to building high quality infrastructure. He was the founding CTO of Kenya Data Networks (now known as Liquid Telecom) and later CTO for Wananchi Group as they built the Zuku Triple Play Network.

Discussing the outage, Angani’s Waikwa Wambugu stated; “Our main concern has always been maintaining the integrity of our client data and we’ve been able to guarantee this”. He also highlighted, “We must therefore thank our clients who have stood by us as we rebuilt our platform during this period. We also take pride in the fact that we did not lose customer data during this outage period, which also underscores the value we attach to building secure, robust and scalable infrastructure for our customers”.

To avoid a recurrence of a similar nature in future, Angani has rebuilt its cloud platform with a standard back up service integrated into it’s services that is hosted separately from its core network, making it the first Public Cloud Service Operator to offer this in Africa.

According to the company, this marks a milestone in redundancy for Public Cloud Services in Kenya, and Africa in general.   

Mr. Bachani further stated that they feel confident about the ability of Angani to continue to deliver world class cloud computing services at an affordable price, reducing the cost of IT infrastructure for Kenyan Businesses.